παραιτησης

a lifetime of surrender

Monday, March 24, 2008

What a GREAT Day!!!!


Yesterday was such an awesome day! Actually, it started out as a typical hectic Sunday morning where I was running late and the kids were needing to get ready for church…but the Easter Bunny had taken precedence with his treasure filled (highly paganistic ) eggs. On top of that, there were several things that I needed to get done before church services started. So I was running around like crazy when I happen to peek in the living room and see Kurt sitting in my recliner with Emma on his lap. As I stopped for this mere moment I noticed he was reading his Bible to her…he was reading the resurrection story to her. What a sight and sound to the ears of a proud papa. All of a sudden my priorities quickly shifted…this was the start of an awesome day.

From there we all loaded up and headed to church for our Easter Celebration. It was a great morning of worship. There are so many people to thank for making this a wonderful worship experience including all the church staff and their volunteers. But I want to say a particular thank you to Jeff and Lisa Volz, Phil and Maddie Jones, and Cliff, Tracy & Brody Smith for all the extra efforts they put in this week. What they contributed to support the theme for this Easter morning at NPC was absolutely huge. It was so much fun to work with our planning team the last couple of weeks, thanks Pete, Amanda, Pam, Jake, and Dennis as well. Sunday morning was truly an awesome time to worship God on this resurrection Sunday.

After services we had a great meal with many friends at a favorite restaurant in Kenosha, Villa De Carlos, in which Emma and I got our picture taken with the Easter Bunny. We also met up with our good friends Brian and Christine Beck. It was a great time to catch up with them and hear how their ministry at Rock River Christian Camp is going. We shared late into the evening with our friends as our kids played so well together.

I hope your Easter was an awesome day to celebrate the victory in Jesus’ life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home