παραιτησης

a lifetime of surrender

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Kurt's Debut


Last night Emma and I had the great privilege to go and hear Kurt (who has been learning to play an upright bass for the last several months) and over 1100 other student in the Kenosha School District Orchestra. Kurt was pretty excited about the experience and to be quite honest, even though it last over 2 hours I really enjoyed it as well. At one point all 1100 students were playing at the same time…the bold symphonic sound was absolutely awesome.

Kurt is hoping that learning the upright bass will translate over to his electric bass. Next year he is going to try out for the jr high jazz band. I think he will love that.

2 Comments:

At March 17, 2008 at 6:21 AM , Blogger Nicole said...

I don't know, I think belly dancing isn't that ambitious! :P Way to go Kurt!! I had no idea he was learning to play bass. I'm impressed!

 
At March 17, 2008 at 7:26 AM , Blogger LeNah said...

Hmm ... this might be my second comment as I'm a new user ...
Way to go, Kurt! Playing in front of an audience that size must have been an awesome experience! I wish we could have been there to hear you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home