παραιτησης

a lifetime of surrender

Thursday, March 20, 2008

"life is short"


I was just talking with a very good friend today, which is something that I am so grateful to be able to do. You see, right before Christmas his brain exploded…well not exactly, but he had a double brain aneurysm. God allowed my good friend Al to stay with us a bit longer. While we were talking on the phone Al reminded me about how life is so short and how this “near death” experience instilled a greater understanding of how relationships are so important.

When we were done with our conversation, I couldn’t help but think about relationships that have been severed or hurt severely over issues in life that could have been prevented if I would have just let down my pride. This destructive behavior with relationships can happen with friends, family, co-workers, and maybe even the person we just bump into on the streets. It also got me thinking about one of the greatest relationships that has ever been broken. A relationship that was broken and now has been mended by Jesus Christ…that relationship is with God.

I am so geared up to celebrate this weekend. This time of year should be such a time of reflection and celebration for the Christ follower. This weekend as we take a concentrated time to remember the death, the burial, and most importantly the resurrection of Jesus I encourage you to thank God for mending our broken relationship.

Life is short…let’s celebrate the reconciliation of relationships this weekend. I pray that you will invite others to join with you as you celebrate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home