παραιτησης

a lifetime of surrender

Friday, April 11, 2008

Seasons

Seasons come and seasons go; and according to what the Bibles says every season has a purpose, its not just a famous song. Ecclesiastes 3:1-8, “There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace.”

Some seasons of life come upon us without warning, other seasons we see coming from a distance. Some of these seasons we look forward to while others can be a complete trial and struggle to make it through, but again it seems as though each one has a purpose.

There is a man I that I admire greatly that is on the cusp of a new season in life. He has been in his current season for nearly 48 years and has seen many ups and downs, yet through it all as been a man of great integrity and humility as God’s servant. I have only had the awesome privilege to be in this man’s life for the past 6 years, yet have witnessed God do amazing work in his life. I have come to admire his unquestionable love for God and pastoral devotion to humanity.

As I closely watch this man develop a plan for the coming season, I see both mourning and anticipation. Mourning over moving beyond a season he loves, yet anticipating the great adventure of the new ministries that lie ahead.

Here's to Dennis Corley! A Christ follower, a mentor, a counselor, a teacher, a pastor, husband, father, and an amazing friend. Dennis is by no means stepping down from his Senior Pastor ministry at this time, but will be laying out the final transition plans that he and I are in. He will be sharing with the congregation how we will be “passing the baton” during this Sunday's Worship Service. You see, as he lays out this transition plan, he will be going into a new season; a season of many transitions that will take place over the next 14 months.

I cannot imagine how he must be feeling at this moment and so I will not to put words into his mouth. I can only express what I see in him. That is a spirit of humility, which to me is one of the greatest characteristic a person can possess.

Dennis, I so look forward to seeing how God will use you in the coming seasons of life…I know He will use you as much and more than He has in the past. I thank God for allowing me the great privilege of ministering with you, learning from you, and being your friend. And I look forward to continuing to learn from you into the future.

As I have been encouraged many times, Dennis continue to “Preach the Word brother”…because it’s a “God Thing”!! love ya!


This is what I have learned so far..........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home